Glitz Africa presents the fifth edition of its successful and highly anticipated event, “Glitz Style Awards”, which celebrates individuals setting trends and raising standards with their sense of style.
The awards, slated for Saturday, the 14th of September, 2019, also seek to strengthen the growing fashion industry by establishing, developing and promoting international industry standards here in Ghana. The event is an opportunity for the fashion industry to celebrate and promote the extraordinary creative talents in Ghana and across the continent.
The nominees for the various categories of 2019 Glitz Style Awards are;
- Best Dressed Celebrity on the Red Carpet
- Artiste of the Year
- Movie Personality of the Year
- Model of the Year
- Red Carpet Designer of the Year
- Stylist of the Year
- Style Influencer of the Year (Africa)
- African Designer of the Year
- Emerging Designer of the Year
- Social Media Style Influencer of the Year
- Fashion Blogger of the Year
- Fashion Photographer of the Year
- Indigenous Beauty Brand of the Year
- Designer of the Year
- Makeup Artiste of the Year
- Individual Style of the Year
There will be two honourary awards on the night: Business Executive of the Year and Glitz Africa Style Influencer of the Year.
To select the winners, the organizers approached over 200 members of the fashion industry to vote for the front runners of this year’s awards. The voting guests mostly include industry players, journalists, fashion and entertainment bloggers, stylists, influencers and fashion icons. Just like the previous years, the general public will also have the chance to have their voices heard by voting for their favorites via social media.
The vote breakdown is as follows:
Glitz Style Awards Board: 40%
Selected Voting Academy: 40%
Social Media: 20%